Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's a Secret

Tyler had two craft projects this weekend, but I completely forgot to take the camera with us, so I had to wait until we were back home to take pictures. Our first stop was at Lowe's to build a coin bank.

It has four separate sections and slots for pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters. Once you fill each slot to the top, it's enough for a roll. Tyler emptied out his piggy bank and my purse, but he still doesn't have enough to make any rolls yet....although he's getting close on the pennies.

Our next stop was at Ace hardware to make a doorknob hanger.

He glued sparkly tissue paper to a wooden form and decorated it with shiny snowflake stickers.

This weekend I also used the last of my pumpkin puree to make Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins as seen on Cookie Madness, one of my favorite blogs.

Made with whole wheat flour, Special Dark Cocoa and chocolate chips, they turned out delicious. Nobody was able to detect the pumpkin though, so we referred to them as the "secret pumpkin" muffins.

In other delightful news, I'm glad to announce that our Christmas tree came down today. Phew! If it didn't come down today, it would have remained for another week...I'm sure. Tyler was under the mistaken impression that the tree was staying up until Valentine's Day. Um....yeah, I don't think so!

No comments: