Friday, January 15, 2010

Salad Bar

Tyler had no problem picking out a recipe to try this week. He had one marked and ready to go...a salad bar.

We made a list of the ingredients we needed and stopped at the store on the way home from school. With fresh vegetables in hand, we were ready to start.

The first step was to make the dressing.

It's just a mixture of mayonnaise, vinegar and apple juice. Sounds weird, but it tastes good on the salad.

I started chopping the vegetables and placing them in different bowls. Tyler took them and arranged them in a salad bar fashion, complete with labels.

Gotta label those sunflower seeds...

For the lettuce, we used a mix of iceberg and spinach...it's what we had in the fridge.

Here's the completed salad bar...shredded carrots, mushrooms, tomato, black olives, chopped egg, croutons, cucumber, kidney beans, shredded cheese, chow mein noodles and sunflower seeds.

The salad bar turned out great....I think we should have it more often. I can't think of anything else that would inspire Tyler to eat so many vegetables. He had two helpings! I mean, come on....look at his bowl!

1 comment:

Susana & Chris said...

I think he's ready for Hula's!