Friday, December 4, 2015

Battle of the Advent Calendars

This is Tyler's 5th year opening a Lego City advent calendar. It's become a tradition that he looks forward to each year. Last year for Kyle's first advent calendar we got him a chocolate one from Boehms. It was okay, but he doesn't really love chocolate pieces. It would be better if I could find one with candy like jelly beans or Skittles or something. So I ended up finding a Mega Bloks calendar and decided to go with that this year. And to add to the fun, Rick got the QVC Beauty advent calendar for me to open. Yay! It's a 3-way battle to see who got the best advent calendar.

Let's start with the Lego calendar.

Day 1: Green and red remote control cars

Day 2: A Lego minifigure with a jacket, pretzel, and camera.

Day 3: A stand for the frozen pond skating rink, including ice skates and a pie

Day 4: A hot chocolate stand

Moving on to Kyle's Minion Mega Bloks calendar.....

Day 1: A minion

Day 2: A fireplace

Day 3: A penguin

Day 4: A gingerbread man
 
Now for the QVC beauty calendar....


Day 1: Bare Minerals Lash Domination mascara in the deluxe sample size. Value: $9

Day 2: Mally waterproof eyeliner in black. I think this is full size. Value: $18

Day 3: It Cosmetics Bye Bye under eye concealer in a travel size. Value: $10

Day 4: It Cosmetics Hello Lashes mascara in deluxe sample size. Value: $10

So far I'm a little annoyed at the Mega Bloks calendar because I thought the pieces would be bigger like Mega Bloks usually are, but they are the same size as Legos and hard for Kyle to put together. I didn't even pay attention to the suggested age range on the front that says ages 5 and up. I just thought that since Mega Bloks are for small children, it would be perfect. Not so much.