We didn't have much of a party on New Year's Eve, but Tyler insisted on staying up to watch the ball drop, so that's what we did.
Later in the evening, once Kyle was in bed and Rick was home from work, we settled in for a long night. I'm hardly up after 10:30 anymore, so I had a cup of coffee with dinner to improve my chances of staying awake until midnight. Rick's up late all the time and Tyler is so young, that it wasn't much trouble for either of them.
To pass some time while watching Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve, the boys played a friendly game of Scrabble. Tyler's become quite a formidable player, coming up with words like basil, monkey, peeled, and violet, with which he earned a triple word score.
Not that it has anything to do with a New Year's resolution, but XTRAIN (the latest Cathe dvds) arrived on my doorstep just the other day and January 1st was a good a day as any to dig in. I'm following her 30 day cardio and strength combined option, so I started with All Out Low Impact Hiit plus Burn Sets for Chest yesterday and Legs plus Rear Delts today. I have only one word: OUCH!!




